Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Review: Laurent macarons

 
I have been warned by many people that Laurent’s macarons are not very good. I always felt that was a little weird, seeing as they are meant to be a French bakery and all.

So I tried one today to finally confirm this for myself.

I had a look at their selection and I was surprised to see that they don’t offer a Salted Caramel macaron (though apparently it is on its way). So I tried a Vanilla one instead.

Oh lordy. It was indeed terrible.

As soon as the macarons were brought to the table, I knew they would be bad. The outer shell didn’t look crispy at all and it was missing the usual ‘sheen’ that macarons are supposed to have. I took a bite and found that it was like eating almond meal cake with some cream in the middle. It also lacked vanilla flavouring.


Laurent's vanilla macaron - notice the lackluster shell?

Laurent's vanilla macaron - the shell was very cakey and not very nice

This macaron didn't taste good at all and turned me off wanting to try their future Salted Caramel macaron. I now agree that Laurent macarons should definitely be avoided...

Address: 304-306 Little Collins Street, Melbourne
Hours: Mon-Sat: 8am - 6pm
          Sun: 9am - 5pm


Laurent Boulangerie Patisserie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment