Sunday, March 25, 2012

Review : Famish’d macarons

Salted Caramel and Macadamia macaron

I recently had lunch with a friend at Famish’d and noticed that they do a selection of macarons. Yum.

I thought their Salted Caramel and Macadamia macaron would be the perfect antidote to combat my after lunch food coma.

I have to say I was excited to try this macaron. I really like macadamia nuts and was hoping this would be a marriage made in heaven.

The first thing I noticed was how small it was... No matter, as long as it tasted amazing to make up for the size. I bit into it and found that the outer shell was crispy and chewy, just as it should be. However, the ganache inside was pretty much non-existing. There were no real favours beside the ‘almond-y’ taste of the outer shell. I was really disappointed because I assumed it would be a lot better
based on the price I paid for such a small macaron.
 

Oh well. I will stick to the huge and tasty baked potatoes the next time I am at Famish'd.

Address: 130 Little Collins St, Melbourne
Hours: Monday - Friday: 7am to 4pm

No comments:

Post a Comment