Friday, December 30, 2011

Review: Little Feat


Little Feat is the latest venture to jump onboard the macaron bandwagon. Last month, they launched their partnership with Guava Bean Espresso Bar on Russell St in Melbourne’s CBD, where the handmade macarons are exclusively sold.


Pretty packaging from Little Feat

They celebrated their union by giving away free macarons for three days at the end of November, one per person per day and limited to the Blue Currant and Tim Tam Tease flavours. I, of course, unashamedly took advantage of this generosity and ventured down each day, work colleges in tow. 

Little Feat's Blue Currant macaron

The first flavour I tried was the Blue Currant, which is described as “fine mouth watering black currant with a blueberry pearl”. I have to say that it was quite delicious. The texture of the macaron was quite dense - slightly crunchy outside with a heavy, chewy inside. It was almost at the point of being a little too chewy but I kinda like my macarons like that so I’m not complaining. The flavour of the ganache was really nice, very fruity and not too sweet.

Little Feat's Tim Tam Tease macaron

The Tim Tam Tease definitely captures the tim tam flavour. It too had a dense texture and while the taste was spot on, it didn’t have the same kick as the Blue Currant one.

I’ve yet to try their Caramel Craving macaron (their version of Salted Caramel) but I promise I will try it in the New Year and update this post with my thoughts.

However, if you like a chewy, fruit flavoured macaron, Little Feat is the place for you.


Address: 114 Russell St, Melboure
Hours: Mon - Fri: 7am - 6pm
           Sat: 10am - 4pm


***Update 07/01/12*** I tried the Caramel Craving from Little Feat the other day. Same chewy texture with a salty caramel taste, but again.... No kick to it. Slightly underwhelming.

Little Feat Macarons on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Hello - looks like we more or less reached the same conclusion on Little Feat. This is the link to our earlier blog post:
    http://momoandcoco.wordpress.com/2011/11/18/little-feat/

    We prefer La Belle Miette better though, have you been?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello MoMo and Coco,

    Yes, looks like we have a similar opinion of Little Feat. I have been to La Belle Miette - here's my thoughts - http://shutterbug-blogging.blogspot.com/2011_11_01_archive.html. Maybe I should try it again as lots of people do seem to really like it.

    You've got a great blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete